The other I wanted some pasta, not a classic tomato sauce pasta but one with a white sauce, like my mom’s used to make: full of richness, garlicky, thick and silky at the same time. She used to make it with some chicken breast pieces and milk.
And of course, I was wanting a concept more than a specific meal, because I don’t eat animal anymore. So I just get some vegan “chicken” strips from the groceries store, and cut them in little pieces, just to achieve that picture coming from my memories.
Here what i did to get that amazing pasta:
1 Package pasta of your choice
3 Cups soy milk
1 Cup Vegan chicken strips
1 Package mushrooms, diced
1 Onion, diced.
4 Garlic cloves, minced.
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp tapioca starch
2 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp poultry seasoning
1/8 Tsp black pepper
Let’s make pasta!
- Cook and drain your pasta as usual. Give a splash of olive oil and stir. Reserve for later.
- In a skillet at medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and stir fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 2 minutes, then add your vegan “chicken” strips and keep stir frying until the onions gets translucent and the vegan meat gets golden brown. this can take about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile your stir fry gets ready, make a slurry with the tapioca starch and 1/2 a cup of soy milk and set it aside.
- Once your stir fry is ready, add the spices: poultry seasoning, salt and black pepper, and mix. Then add your milk and bring to a soft boil at medium low heat.
- Add you slurry and gentle mix until it gets thick. Now you can add your pasta and mix well everything together.
- Serve topped with some vegan “parm”, or a grated cheese of your choice.
Super rich, creamy, delicious and very satisfying!!! Was everything I wanted.
This couldn’t be more easier, fast and tasty, All the flavors from mushrooms, onions, garlic and seasoning make such a deep and creamy white sauce, and a touch of vegan parm on top will make it one of your favorites.