For this recipe I’ve got some inspiration in a dish that I had back in 2011, in Chile, when I was still vegetarian.
My husband and I went to a restaurant called “Danoi”, very close to our apartment in Santiago. Everybody was talking about how amazing was its food, and I wanted to see if that place has anything that was vegetarian for me.
At that time my only choice was “home made pasta with provenzal sauce”. When I saw my plate I was like a little “confused/ disappointed” because I only had a mountain of cooked pasta with finely chopped garlic and herbs… that’s it. Well after a few bites I was like ” I can’t believe that this simple mix taste so good!” all my initials apprehensions disappear and I just fell in love with this dish.
This week I remembered those days, my last days living in Santiago of Chile, making that same recipe, but now as a vegan, and here is the recipe:
1 package of your preferred pasta.
1 package fresh parsley
4 cloves of garlic
half of a lemon zest
1 Tbsp of Vegan Margarine
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 Tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
For the vegan “cheese”:
1/2 Cup Nutritional yeast
1/3 Cup raw cash nuts
1/3 Cup walnuts
1 Tsp Himalayan salt
1 Tsp Garlic powder
- Start cooking your pasta as usual, while you prepare your sauce.
- First we are going to make our “cheese” adding every ingredient listed and processing everything in a food processor until it gets a coarse texture as a “Parmesan Cheese”. Take it off the food processor and reserve.
- On the same food processor add the parsley roughly chopped, and the rest of the ingredients. Pulse as many times is needed to get a finely chopped paste, but not runny.
- Once your pasta is cooked and drained, add the margarine and your parsley mixture over the pasta. Add the “cheese” as well, and give it a good mix.
- Now you have an fast and delicious pasta. Enjoy!
This dish makes an amazingly easy, fast and delicious dinner, very cheesy and herbal. Hope you like it!
LikeLiked by 2 people