As the cold weather arrives, all we want is more delicious and comfy food. And also is important for everybody have those delicious meals fast in our hands, ready to eat. And having these Smoky Bacon Spinach Muffins is one of my favorite ways to make some dinners in advance.
All I need to do is put some staple ingredients together, that always have in my kitchen: Half package of baby spinach, some flour, non dairy milk, and to give them a savory cheesy touch a 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. This time, I also added 3 stripes of vegan bacon to make them specials for this time of the year, plenty of holidays. So, this could be a shortcut to make any dinner a “special dinner”, pairing them with a delicious soup.
I love to make this recipe in batches of 12, to serve with a warm soup. They are so soft, savory, fluffy and full of nutrients. And the what I like the most: those 12 muffins could last at least for 2 dinners in a week (for a family of 4). But, these muffins are something so tasty, that is very hard do not want to eat them all.
Here is the Recipe:
Smoky Bacon Spinach Muffins
2 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
1 1/2 Cup non dairy milk
1/2 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 package baby spinach (5 Oz.)
1 1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 Cup nutritional yeast
1 Tsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tsp old bay
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Lets bake them!
- First preheat the oven at 375 F.
- In a bowl combine the liquid ingredients: milk, oil , vinegar, cheese and flax egg. Stir until obtain a smooth mixture.
- In a separated bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda, nutritional yeast. salt and spices.
- Once you got an even mix of dry ingredients, pour the liquid mixture over the flour, and fold the mixture.
- Add chopped spinach, mix it.
- Pour the batter in a greased muffin pan, this recipe will make 12 muffins.
- Bake it for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before getting them out of the tray.