This recipe is inspired by the traditional Cuban dish Yuca with Mojo, which is one of the staples in the Cuban Cuisine. Ultra indulgent, this simple combination is one of the most important meals in every celebration and holidays in Cuba, like New Year’s eve.
You should give it a try, it is so simple to make!!!
Here you can watch our video recipe:
Yuca With Mojo
1 Yuca root (also known as Cassava or Tapioca root)
1 Small onion
4 to 5 Garlic Cloves
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. chop and peel the root. Rinse thoroughly.
2. boil in cold water until tender, this should take no more then 1/2 hour at medium high heat.
3. crash the garlic and chop the onion in Julianne.
4. in a ceramic bowl (do not use plastic or metal bowl to prevent burning yourself) mix the onion, garlic spices and salt.
5. in a sauce pan put the oil to heat. get it hot, but do not put it to boil or smoke.
6. Pour the oil over the mixture. The oil should be just hot enough to cook a lil bit the onion, which it should be still crispy.
7. Drain the yuca root and pour the “Mojo” over…